Senior executive team
This page is still currenlty under development
Steve SavoryChief Executive Officer
Steve is the CEO and Accounting Officer of the Gloucestershire Learning Alliance and Executive Headteacher of Bishops Cleeve Primary Academy. During the 2016-17 academic year Steve was one of two part-time Deputy Directors in the DFE supporting the Regional Schools Commissioner for the South West.
Steve was elected by his peers to the RSC SW Headteacher Board in October 2017. He worked with the DfE as a Lead Education Advisor and was part of the South West development team that produced the DFEs recommended MAT Capacity Improvement Framework. Steve started teaching in 1983 following a brief career in retail management.
He has been a Headteacher with a sustained track record of school improvement for more than twenty years. Following three years as a part-time Ofsted Inspector, Steve found that he preferred working with schools on School Improvement. As both a Local and National Leader of Education he has supported a number of schools out of special measures; this included several years of Executive Headship. He has worked with vulnerable schools since 2007 supporting system leadership in Gloucestershire and neighbouring authorities.
Steve has also been an NPQH tutor, assessor and trainer and now develops and delivers leadership training for the GLA. Steve was Chair of the Gloucestershire Primary Heads Association for 10 years until and served on the GCC strategic development group.
He was vice-chair of the School Forum from inception in 2003 to 2013, and now represents Primary Academies on the School Forum. During 2003/4 he designed Gloucestershires Needs Led Funding formula for primary and secondary schools
Claire SavoryDirector of Academies and Deputy CEO
- 14 years Headship experience including co-headship and executive headship across a number of schools
- During this time achieved 3 consecutive 'outstanding' OFSTED judgements at Rowanfield Juniors and 3 'Good' OFSTED judgements at Springbank (which had previously been in Special Measures).Â
- Became a single convertor academy in 2011 and then co-founded the Gloucestershire Learning Alliance with Bishops Cleeve, Springbank and Rowanfield schools in 2013.
- GLA Lead for New Free-Schools (bid writing, Project lead pre-opening)
- Designated NLE 2010 - supporting schools in transforming from Special Measures to Good over 10 years
- GLA lead for school improvement projects including sponsorship
Training and Development
- ExperiencedÂ NPQH/ NPQSL facilitator
- Design and delivery of bespoke leadership training for GLA staff
- Speaker at several regional conferences on school improvement
- Local authority training for new head teachers
Alan NealeChief Operations Officer
Alan joined the GLA in September 2019 and brings a wealth of experience from within the education sector. Having worked in similar capacity across various sectors, including primary, secondary and independant schools, he has been able to use this to support the GLA in becoming financially sustainable.
Alan has worked in education for the last 14 years and has a passion to ensure children gain the best possible education for children through his effective leadership and management of business services including finance, HR, estates, health and Safety and key support of key senior leaders of education within the schools he has worked in.Â